If you think the Yankees have questions going into spring training, check out this piece in the Boston Globe today on the Red Sox.
* Manny Ramirez is apparently still upset and speaks only to the clubhouse attendants. Even his agents wouldn’t characterize his mood, which tells you something.
* The closer will be Mike Timlin, Joel Piniero, Julian Tavarez or Brendan Donnelly. But Terry Francona readily admits he wishes he could use Jon Pabelbon in that role.
* 3B Mike Lowell goes into the season knowing the team tried to trade him to Colorado last week.
* Dustin Pedroia, a 5-foot-9 rookie with an uppercut swing, is the starting second baseman.
In other Sox-related news:
* Curt Schilling wants an extension and is negotiating through the media.
* J.D. Drew has a health and fitness routine based on his religious beliefs.
Makes the Yankees wondering who the fifth starter will be seem like small change.