In case you missed it, Derek Jeter was on Letterman recently and did a “Top 10 Little Known Facts About Derek Jeter:”
10. In 2002, I set a Major League record of 97 consecutive games without scratching myself.
9. I can put five baseballs in my mouth.
8. Remember I missed a game last year with a “pulled hamstring”? I actually had Streisand tickets.
7. When Johnny Damon cut his hair, I put it in my scrapbook.
6. I’d trade my four World Series rings for a spot on Late Show’s “Impressionist Week II.”
5. When Red Sox fans shout, “Yankees suck,” it really hurts my feelings.
4. The thing I love most about being a baseball player is seeing a child’s eyes light up big when I give him an autograph… Oh, and the crazy paycheck.
3. Between you and me, I don’t get all the ass-slapping either.
2. So I’m not bothered by fans, I check into hotels under the name “Dave Letterman.
1. Rosie quit “The View” so we could spend more time together.