Ten Things I Think on Monday
(Yes, I stole this from Peter King)
1. Tonight determines whether Daisuke Matsuzaka was worth all that money.
2. Those losses the Yankees took in Colorado in June suddenly don’t see so bad, do they?
3. If you mention Kazuo Matsui to a Mets fan, do it behind a closed door. He was a good guy in a bad spot in New York and it’s nice to see him finally doing well.
4. I’ve only seen Springsteen twice on this tour so far (going again this week hopefully) and I have to say, he looks every bit of 57. But his voice has never been better and his songs more relevant. “Last To Die” stays with you.
5. Thanks to the Yankees Chick, who let me post on her blog when mine crashed last week. Good people, those Yankee bloggers.
6. Would anybody be upset if the Yankees let Luis Vizcaino go? Give Jose Veras a shot. Give anybody else a shot. The Viz looked wiped out at the end of the season. And Kyle Farnsworth has to go. Has to.
7. The Yankees have a lot of players higher on their priority list. But Jose Molina wants to come back and they need him back on the roster.
8. I don’t want the Patriots to go undefeated. I want them to win the Super Bowl. That’s all that matters. I feel like I should be more giddy about my team but they lack a running game and cold weather is coming. That said, it’s great to see Tom Brady show people what he can do when he has some receivers.
9. How’s your Mangenius now? Is every team taping your signals, coach?
10. I can’t wait to see what clownish Dane Cook has to say about the Colorado-Cleveland World Series. Do you think he could honestly name a player from either team?