1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the LoHud Yankees Blog Sweepstakes (the â€œSweepstakesâ€) is open to residents of Westchester, Rockland or Putnam counties, New York, who are 18 years or older at the time of entry. Employees of The Journal News, National Aquarium in Baltimore (the â€œSponsorâ€), Harbor Magic Hotels, MGH, Gannett Co., Inc. and each of their respective affiliated companies, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or to win.
3. How To Enter. The Sweepstakes will begin at 3:30:00 p.m. (E.D.T.) on Friday, August 15, 2008, and end at 4:00 p.m. (E.D.T.) on Sunday August 17, 2008 (the â€œSweepstakes Periodâ€).
Internet Entry: Enter by visiting the LoHud Yankees Blog and obtaining the two trivia questions posted by Peter Abraham. Email Peter Abraham at email@example.com with the answers to the two trivia questions. The first person to respond with the correct answers is the winner.
By entering, you agree to the terms of these Official Rules and to receive e-mails from Sponsor or those directed by Sponsor. You can opt-out of the receipt of such e-mails by following the directions on the Sweepstakes website or in any email received from Sponsor. The use of software or other automated processes to submit entries is prohibited, and any entries submitted by such means will be disqualified.
You may only enter the sweepstakes once. One (1) entry & prize per person, per household.
Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries or for failure to receive entries due to technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes.
4. Winner Selection. One (1) Winner will be selected among all eligible correct submissions, to the two trivia questions received, to be held on or about Monday, August 18, 2008.
5. Prizes and Odds. One (1) Winner will receive a family four pack of four (4) tickets to The National Aquarium in Baltimore and overnight accommodations at one of the Harbor Magic Hotels in downtown Baltimore. ARV: $200.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Winner will be notified on or about Monday, August 18, 2008 at the telephone number or email address provided on Winnerâ€™s entry form. Sponsor will call during regular business hours at the number provided on entry form and will leave no messages. Sponsorâ€™s inability to reach a winner at the telephone number or email address, after 3 attempts, a winnerâ€™s failure to timely claim the prize, or a winnerâ€™s failure to meet the eligibility or prize claim requirements, or to comply with any other term or condition of these Official Rules may result in disqualification of that winner, the forfeiture of his or her interest in all prizes, and the selection of substitute winner from among all remaining eligible entries. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winners may be required to complete, sign, notarize and return an affidavit of eligibility/liability and publicity release before the prizes will be awarded. Failure to sign and return the affidavit and release may result in a winnerâ€™s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winnerâ€™s consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
7. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. By entering, participants agree to assume all risks, and to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor and MSG, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies and their respective officers, directors, agents and employees of any of the above organizations from any claims and all liability for any injuries, losses, or damages to persons of any kind caused in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by participation in the Sweepstakes and/or the acceptance, possession, or use/misuse of a prize or participation in any prize-related activities.
8. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
9. Sponsor. The LoHud Yankee Blog Promotion is sponsored by The National Aquarium in Baltimore. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Sweepstakes. The Journal News, National Aquarium, Harbor Magic Hotels, MGH, Gannett Co., Inc are not responsible for cancellations due to weather, strikes, or any other unforeseen circumstances. If you have any questions regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact The Journal News Marketing Department, 914-694-5355, One Gannett Drive, White Plains, NY, 10604.