* Brett Gardner suffered a split lower lip when he fouled that ball off. He was taken to a dentist to get checked out.
* Johnny Damon isn’t the only guy with the flu. Shelley Duncan and Jeff Karstens aren’t feeling so good, either.
* LHP Sean Henn (tendinitis) was placed on the 15-day DL. Expect him to linger there for a month because he is out of options. He’s basically insurance in case Billy Traber can’t hack it.
* Traber, meanwhile, got Chase Utley to fly out and fanned Ryan Howard with a curveball. Safe to say he’s on the team.
* Yankees are 13-10-2 with three games left.