The Yankees aren’t quite in a position to concern themselves with the Red Sox. But have you noticed the issues in Beantown?
* David Ortiz has a wrist injury that will have him out at least a month and could require surgery. Whether that’s the case or not, wrist issues are bad news for hitters.
* Josh Beckett (5-4, 4.30) hasn’t been Josh Beckett.
* Jonathan Papelbon has already given up half as many earned runs as he did all of last season. Hideki Okajima hasn’t beeen what he was in 2007, either.
* Boston, while 21-5 at Fenway Park, is 14-20 on the road.
* Hazel Mae is leaving NESN.
* High cost of gas cutting into beer purchases at Fenway. Fans now forced to stop at 17 cups.