Newsday’s Jim Baumbach (a former Yankees beat guy) spoke to Bob Sheppard, who told him he hopes to return for the final game at the Stadium. Mr. Sheppard’s health, fortunately, is improving.
A few other things need to happen that day:
* Mo throws the last pitch, a cutter that strikes out somebody looking. Somebody like Kevin Millar.
* Jeter does something Jetery. A jump throw maybe.
* A-Rod drills one into the black seats.
* Yogi and Whitey throw out the first pitch.
* Bernie shows up in some capacity.
* The Yankees win, of course.
But having Mr. Sheppard back would be a good start.