As you might imagine, much of the talk today was about A-Rod’s impending arrival. Those With Rings, CC Sabathia, A,.J. Burnett and Mark Teixeira will be attending the press conference along with Joe Girardi, Brian Cashman and many of the coaches.
As to the baseball …
· Francisco Cervelli has upper respiratory infection and was excused from camp. … Jason Johnson (personal reasons) got the day off as well.
· At the request of Brian Cashman, CC Sabathia shaved off his beard. That’s one crisis solved.
· Mark Teixeira said his parents would kill him if he took steroids. “In my mind, it’s a drug and my family has zero tolerance for that,” he said. Teixeira was a rookie with Texas in 2003 and said he had no idea about the apparent drug culture there.
· Cashman said his preference at this point is to start the season with Xavier Nady and Nick Swisher on the roster.
· Joba Chamberlain is already boys with Sabathia and Nick Swisher. Then again Joba is pretty much boys with everybody.