· Jorge Posada will DH on Thursday. Hideki Matsui is still a little ways away from playing. He’ll start his running program soon. I watched Posada throw today and his arm strength was good. The Yankees are very optimistic about his progress.
· Derek Jeter did his running today and ran the bases as well. His hamstring seems fine and he’s good to go for the WBC.
· Francisco Cervelli is leaving camp to play for Italy in the WBC. Yes, he’s Venezuelan. But under WBC rules you can play for any country you can point to on a globe.
· Alfredo Aceves will start on Sunday at Cincinnati. He ran the table off the break during one of the pool tournaments yesterday. “A shark,” Phil Hughes said.
· Former big leaguer Reggie Smith was in the clubhouse representing a bat company. There are salesmen and equipment reps in the clubhouse throughout the spring selling or giving away bats, gloves, sunglasses, etc.
· Bernie Williams returned to camp after a three-day break and took some BP.
· The WBC guys (A-Rod, Jeter and Cano) will all play in Thursday’s game at home and skip the Friday game in Fort Myers.