A few notes for you …
· Hideki Matsui (who hit the ball hard twice today) till travel to Lakeland tomorrow. It’ll be his first back to back.
· No update on Alex Rodriguez to this point.
· Jorge Posada threw today before the game and came through well. He could throw to the bases on Monday and catch a game next weekend.
· Damaso Marte threw a scoreless inning in the WBC for the Dominicans. Robbie Cano was 1 for 5. Derek Jeter added to his legacy as a great American by going 2 for 3 for the U.S. He’s out of the game now.
· The home run Chien-Ming Wang allowed today came on a change-up that floated. But he used a changeup (this one sank) to strike out Josh Anderson in the third inning. Wang wasn’t thrilled with his location. I told him that he threw 27 of 33 pitches for strikes. “I can do better,” he said.
Also wanted to pass these along …
· A very Happy Birthday to Joan from Phillipsburg, N.J. She is a loyal reader and we thank her for that.
· Ran into the infamous Marisol of the Yankee Hottie blog. She is here for a few days and has some coverage and photos on her blog. Marisol and her friend Kat were tearing up Tampa last night.
· My pals at Baseball Analysts had me help them out with an AL East preview.
· Meanwhile, according to CNBC’s Darren Rovell, you can’t purchase an “A-Fraud” jersey from MLB.com. Now what am I going to get for my birthday?