“Listen to music,” I told myself as I got in the car to drive to the Stadium today. “An old Bruce bootleg, Maybe some Johnny Cash. Pop on the Ting Tings. Something calm. Jackson Browne maybe.”
But no, I listened to WFAN. Yikes.
• Joe Girardi should be fired.
• Nick Swisher should be executed at dawn.
• The Yankees would win every game if Joba was in the bullpen.
• Brian Cashman knows nothing about baseball.
• The Yankees have no chance in the postseason.
People, people, people. Yes, they played poorly for three games. But it’s June 12. I’m fairly sure the season is not quite yet over. The Yankees played .800 baseball for a long stretch and that wasn’t going to continue. That’s really not how it works.
The Yankees have lost nine straight against the Red Sox and were 2-4 against the Mets last season. Girardi might want to win a few of these games to keep the wolves at bay. But easy on the “fire the manager” stuff.
If you missed our live video chat today (and shame on you if you did), you can watch the replay there. I was sort of sleepy but fairly coherent.