Here is A.J. Burnett talking about his performance tonight:
A few stats and such from tonight:
• Phil Hughes is the latest victim of the Yankee Flu.
• Nick Swisher on Burnett: “He was absolutely tremendous. That just goes to show how electrifying he can be. Topping out at 95- 96-miles per hour; a slider that you can’t even see, let alone hit. He was on point tonight. I know he needed that.”
That “slider” is really a curveball. That’s how tight it is.
• Alex Cora was 0 for 21 against Burnett before the hit (“I was due, man,” Cora said. “I’ve been saying that the last five years) and hitless in his previous 21 at-bats this season. Inexplicably, he was hitting leadoff.
• The Yankees have won the season series against the Mets for the first time since 2003.
• The Yankees have held the Mets to one run on 10 hits in the last three games against the kings of Queens.
• The Yankees have scored 33 runs in the last four games and collected 17 extra-base hits.
• The Mets have gone down in order 14 times in 18 innings in the series.
• A-Rod has 11 RBI in the last six games.
Thanks to everybody for reading tonight. Back at it tomorrow.
Shameless plug: I think I’m going to be on WFAN shortly.