Couple of interesting stats I took notice of:
• The starters since the All-Star break: 8-2 with a 2.73 ERA. That’s over 13 games and Jorge Posada started 11 of them. Reports of Jorge’s demise were greatly exaggerated, it seems.
• Brian Bruney had a 3.00 ERA before his unprovoked attack on Francisco Rodriguez. He has a 9.00 ERA since. Next time just keep it to yourself, Brian.
• The Yankees have won 10 of their last 14 road games.
• The Yankees are 49-24 since A-Rod came off the disabled list. They were two games under .500 without him and 25 games over with him. The funny part is he probably won’t get one MVP vote. But the record tells you how valuable he is to that lineup.
• Had the Yankees merely split those eight games with the Red Sox, they’d be 11.5 games up.
• The Yankees arrive in Chicago with a 19-5 record against AL Central teams.
Back later with the lineups. Remember, the game is an hour later tonight.