This will be quick because I’m about to fall asleep.
• Jorge Posada’s homer in the ninth inning gave the Yankees seven players with at least 20 homers. That ties the MLB record also held by the 1996 Orioles, the 2000 Blue Jays and the 2005 Rangers. Derek Jeter has 17.
“I don’t care if I hit another one,” he said with a little grin.
• The Yankees also have seven players with at least 70 RBI. Jeter has 61.
• Alfredo Aceves leads the majors with 10 wins in relief.
• A-Rod has hit in 12 straight at 20 of 47. He is up to .276.
Alex also ran into a female police officer while chasing a foul ball in the fifth inning. The two became briefly tangled up. “I’m just glad she didn’t read me my rights,” Rodriguez said. “Only me. How embarrassing.”
• The Yankees have had five win streaks of seven games or more this season. That’s the most in the majors since the 1998 Yankees. That bunch won 114 games and then the World Series.
• In the current seven-game win streak, the Yankees have outscored their foes 57-19.
• Toronto has dropped 15 of 19 and is 32-60 since May 19. They’ll run Roy Halladay out there against Joba tomorrow.
That’s it for me. Catch you tomorrow … but not too early. Thanks to everybody for reading tonight.