Here’s the official release from Major League Baseball…
First Lady of the United States Michelle Obama, Dr. Jill Biden, and other dignitaries and elected officials will attend Game One of the 2009 World Series in support of returning veterans and their families. Due to their attendance, security will be increased in and around Yankee Stadium. Fans entering the ballpark will be required to pass through security which will cause delays in getting to their seats.
MLB is offering the following tips to fans attending the game:
• Arrive early to allow for enough time to enter the park as you should expect long lines.
• The gates open at 5:00 p.m. Eastern
• On-field ceremonies begin at 7:30 p.m. Eastern
• Do not bring bottles or coolers of any kind into the ballpark. They will not be permitted.
• Do not bring anything that you would not be allowed to bring on a plane. The rules for what items you can bring into the stadium will be the same as TSA restrictions, which you can find at www.tsa.gov. Any items surrendered at the gates will not be returned.
• Please minimize items you bring into the stadium to speed up the inspection process.