Before getting into winter ball, you can check Baseball America for some velocity numbers of all the pitchers in the Arizona Fall League. Here are the Yankees:
Mike Dunn — 96.6 max, 93.85 ave.
Grant Duff — 96.3 max, 93.39 ave.
Ian Kennedy – 93.4 max, 90.66 ave.
Zach Kroenke — 93.1 max, 90.62 ave.
As for some of the Yankees in winter ball…
• Juan Miranda has played only eight games in the Dominican Winter League, but he’s hitting .536 with two home runs, four doubles and 10 RBI. He’s faced a left-handed pitcher only eight times, but has four hits against lefties, continuing the improvements he showed during the regular season.
• Ivan Nova has made five appearances in the Dominican League and has a league-best 1.05 ERA with 17 strikeouts and four walks. There’s a very good reason the Yankees added him to the 40-man last week.
• Romulo Sanchez, another of the guys just added to the 40-man, seems to be having a few good outings and then a bad one in Venezuela. He has 23 strikeouts in 17.2 innings, but he’s also walked 10 and has a 5.60 ERA.
• Reegie Corona, one of the new 40-man infielders, has a .353 average with a home run, seven doubles and a .459 on-base percentage in Venezuela. All of his time in the field has come at second base.
• Francisco Cervelli has also started playing in Venezuela. He’s hitting just .214 but has a .389 on-base percentage through six games.
• Josh Schmidt went seven scoreless innings to get a win in Venezuela on Tuesday. It was his first win since his first appearance on October 12. He had some rough outings, but his ERA is back down to 3.57.