My guess is today won’t be very productive for anyone. I’m at my friend Jonathan’s house, where we’ll probably mix some football with the DVD of It Might Get Loud. I don’t expect any Yankees news today, but you never know.
To pass some time on what I hope is a relaxing day for everyone, here are a few links that have nothing to do with Gilbert Arenas.
• The Yankees-Red Sox rivalry has apparently extended to the ice. (thanks to Steven for emailing the link)
• St. Louis manager Tony LaRussa seems to be expecting the Cardinals to make a move soon. His latest tweet could be a not-so-veiled reference to a Matt Holliday signing.
• Good news for one Yankees prospect: Jose Ramirez was named the year’s top short-season starter. (thanks Michael)
• Bad news for another Yankees prospect: Power-hitting corner infielder Brandon Laird was arrested.
• No surprise, the Angels are interested in Aroldis Chapman. The ESPN story indicates that Angels first baseman Kendry Morales, himself a Cuban refugee, has become friends with Chapman. You think Juan Miranda knows Chapman?
• It has nothing to do with the Yankeees, but here’s a pretty cool baseball story about a guy who saw Josh Gibson play.
Enjoy the day everyone.