I’m getting my bags packed and trying to finalize a few things here at home before I fly to Tampa tomorrow, but a lot of the players are already rolling into the Yankees complex.
Turns out — and this will shock you — Curtis Granderson is being a good guy about the possibility of Brett Gardner taking the center field job.
“People forget that I came up as a left fielder,” Granderson told Bryan Hoch. “In the Minor Leagues all the way up to Double-A, I didn’t start playing center field consistently until my second year in the Minors. Even when I came to the big leagues, I played a few games in left. I have no problem going back over there if that happens to be.”
A few other minor bits of news from around baseball…
• The YES Network and NESN are getting into the Yankees-Red Sox rivalry. (thanks to Sanford for sending that link)
• Apparently Jose Molina could catch on with the Rangers, but he wouldn’t be a lock to make the big league roster.
• This is from the weekend, but worth checking out if you haven’t seen it. The Royals are considering Kyle Farnsworth as a starter.
• The Yankees will be in Chicago when the White Sox celebrate Frank Thomas Day.
• Apparently I went to college in the 17th most romantic city in America. Trust me, this is a massive upset.