- The LoHud Yankees Blog - http://yankees.lhblogs.com -
A few links from a day off
Posted By Chad Jennings On April 8, 2010 @ 9:43 pm In Notes | 394 Comments
• Details continue to emerge about the investigation into Alex Rodriguez . The Times is reporting that federal investigators want to talk to Rodriguez associates who might know how much time and money he spent in connection to Dr. Tony Galea.
• Hideki Matsui is in the outfield tonight for the Angels . Mike Scioscia announced yesterday that he planned to put Matsui in the field, and sure enough he’s playing left and batting clean up.
• Austin Jackson is off to a strong start with Detroit . Today he had his second straight two-hit day and he has five hits through his first three games. Johnny Damon had two hits in the Tigers opener but went hitless yesterday and today.
• Rays’ No. 3 starter Jeff Niemann left tonight’s game after 12 pitches . He was hit in the shoulder by a comebacker in the second inning. That forced the Rays into their bullpen early, one day before they play the Yankees.
• Chris Garcia was pulled from tonight’s Double-A start in the middle in the sixth inning . Mike Ashmore reports that Garcia seemed to be hurt because he left mid-batter, and only after the trainer met him on the mound. If he’s hurt, that’s one more tough break for the talented righty. Keep checking Ashmore’s blog for updates.
Article printed from The LoHud Yankees Blog: http://yankees.lhblogs.com
URL to article: http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2010/04/08/a-few-links-from-a-day-off/
URLs in this post:
 Tweet: https://twitter.com/share
 Details continue to emerge about the investigation into Alex Rodriguez: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/08/sports/baseball/08arod.html?ref=sports
 Hideki Matsui is in the outfield tonight for the Angels: http://losangeles.angels.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100407&content_id=9127378&vkey=news_ana&fext=.jsp&c_id=ana
 Austin Jackson is off to a strong start with Detroit: http://mlb.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=457706
 Rays’ No. 3 starter Jeff Niemann left tonight’s game after 12 pitches: http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100408&content_id=9152678&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb
 Chris Garcia was pulled from tonight’s Double-A start in the middle in the sixth inning: http://thunderbaseball.wordpress.com/2010/04/08/garcia-leaves-game-with-apparent-injury/