The Internet is broken. Probably not everywhere, but certainly in the Oakland press box. Thankfully, I can blog from my phone, but I’m still going to keep these short.
• According to Joe Girardi, Nick Johnson is getting a day at first “just to change it up” and Curtis Granderson is getting his first day off because “I just thought it was a good day for Curtis.”
• Girardi does not expect to use either Joba Chamberlain or Mariano Rivera. Chamberlain is definitely out, but Girardi said he’ll check with Rivera to find out how he’s feeling. “Just to see if he tells me I’m crazy or anything,” Girardi said.
• Chan Ho Park has played catch three days in a row and Girardi expects him to be activated the day he’s eligible to come off the DL.
• Girardi stressed that Francisco Cervelli is not a personal catcher for CC Sabathia. “That’s just the way it’s worked out lately,” he said. Cervelli will also catch one of the games in L.A.
• Both Johnson and Teixeira are struggling but Girardi seems unconcerned. “Maybe it starts with the flip flop,” he said.
UPDATE, 2:52 p.m.: The Internet has returned to Oakland, and so has former Yankees minor leaguer Matt Carson. The outfielder was called up from Triple-A this morning and will start in left field for the A’s. He was hitting .357/.400/.464 in 14 games with Sacramento. He made his major league debut with the A’s last year.
Rajai Davis CF
Daric Barton 1B
Ryan Sweeney RF
Kurt Suzuki C
Jake Fox DH
Kevin Kouzmanoff 3B
Adam Rosales 2B
Matt Carson LF
Cliff Pennington SS
LHP Dallas Braden