Here’s general manager Brian Cashman talking about the decision to leave Jesus Montero and Austin Romine in the minor leagues.
A few other minor notes from Cashman.
• Despite all the injuries, he said the team is not looking to make external moves. “We’re going to deal with it internally,” he said.
• The Yankees began talking yesterday about setting up Curtis Granderson’s rehab assignment, but they’re not ready to announce anything. “Probably ease him in with some DHing and some innings that we build upon.”
• Interesting quote: “Colin Curtis would probably be here but he’s sitting on the (Triple-A) DL with a high ankle sprain.”
• Chad Moeller’s flight was scheduled to land at 5:30. He hasn’t gotten to the park yet. Kevin Russo is here.
• Cashman said Joe Girardi has done a “tremendous” job with all of the injuries. Cashman agrees with Girardi’s decision to always move with caution. “He’s looking big picture,” Cashman said. “We have to be smart about this stuff on a daily basis.”
• The Yankees lost their protest of Tuesday’s game against the Red Sox. “Surprise, surprise,” Cashman said.