- The LoHud Yankees Blog - http://yankees.lhblogs.com -
World Series ratings dip without Yankees
Posted By Chad Jennings On October 28, 2010 @ 7:30 pm In Misc | 367 Comments
Game 1 of the World Series was the top-rated program on television last night, and drew the fifth-largest prime time audience of the week. Among Adults 18-49, last night’s game averaged a 4.7 rating to give FOX its best night of prime time television in that demographic since the network’s American Idol finale in May.
Even so, compared to last year’s World Series Game 1, last night’s audience was down 25 percent in ratings and down 23 percent on average audience. Compared to the last non-Yankees World Series Game 1 — Phillies-Rays in 2008 — the opener was up 3 percent on viewership.
All of that is according to press release from FOX.
A few notes on tonight’s game…
• Pregame broadcast begins at 7:30 p.m. ET. First pitch is at 7:57.
• Country music trio Lady Antebellum will sing the National Anthem. Nothing against that group, but I can’t imagine them being the best trio to sing the anthem in the playoffs in San Francisco. Back in 1993, the Grateful Dead gave a tremendous rendition of the Anthem. 
• The ceremonial first pitch will be a combo, thrown by the Megan Armstrong and Nancy Mitchell, the daughters of home run hero Bobby Thomson.
• Apparently Ron Washington saw all he needed to see of Vlad Guerrero in right field last night. Here are the lineups.
Elvis Andrus SS
Michael Young 3B
Josh Hamilton CF
Nelson Cruz RF
Ian Kinsler 2B
David Murphy LF
Matt Treanor C
Mitch Moreland 1B
C.J. Wilson LHP
Andres Torres CF
Freddy Sanchez 2B
Buster Posey C
Pat Burrell LF
Cody Ross RF
Aubrey Huff 1B
Juan Uribe 3B
Edgar Rentaria SS
Matt Cain RHP
Associated Press photo of the Giants helmets
Article printed from The LoHud Yankees Blog: http://yankees.lhblogs.com
URL to article: http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2010/10/28/world-series-ratings-dip-without-yankees/
URLs in this post:
 Tweet: https://twitter.com/share
 Tim Wakefield was announced as the Roberto Clemente Award winner. : http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/2010/10/wakefield_wins_1.html?rss_id=Top+Stories
 the Grateful Dead gave a tremendous rendition of the Anthem. : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH8ObibNCoo
 saw all he needed to see of Vlad Guerrero in right field : http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20101028&content_id=15882606&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb