- The LoHud Yankees Blog - http://yankees.lhblogs.com -
Giants make a change for Game 4
Posted By Chad Jennings On October 31, 2010 @ 8:00 pm In Misc | 270 Comments
For a pivotal Game 4, the Giants shook up their lineup by sitting left fielder Pat Burrell.  He was the Giants cleanup hitter in Games 1 and 2, but Burrell went 0-for-9 with eight strikeouts through the first three games of the Series.
If the Giants win tonight, they put themselves on the verge of a championship, with three games to get it done. If the Rangers win, they tie the series, with Cliff Lee going tomorrow night in Game 5.
• Before tonight’s game, Joey Votto and Jose Bautista were announced as the winners of the Hank Aaron Award as the best offensive players in each league. Fans voted for the award online, but for the first time in its 12-year history, the award was also voted on a Hall of Fame committee led by Aaron and including Tony Gwynn, Harmon Killebrew, Willie McCovey, Paul Molitor, Billy Williams and Robin Yount.
• Former Presidents George H. W. Bush and George W. Bush will throw out the ceremonial first pitch. George W. Bush was the managing general partner of the Rangers from 1989 to 1994.
• Lyle Lovett will sing the National Anthem. A group of combat veterans called 4Troops will sing God Bless America.
• First pitch is scheduled for 8:20 p.m. ET.
Andres Torres CF
Freddy Sanchez 2B
Aubrey Huff DH
Buster Posey C
Cody Ross LF
Juan Uribe 3B
Travis Ishikawa 1B
Edgar Renteria SS
Nate Schierholtz RF
Elvis Andrus SS
Michael Young 3B
Josh Hamilton CF
Vlad Guerrero DH
Nelson Cruz LF
Ian Kinsler 2B
Jeff Francoeur RF
Bengie Molina C
Mitch Moreland 1B
Associated Press photo
Article printed from The LoHud Yankees Blog: http://yankees.lhblogs.com
URL to article: http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2010/10/31/giants-made-a-change-for-game-4/
URLs in this post:
 Tweet: https://twitter.com/share
 sitting left fielder Pat Burrell.: http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20101031&content_id=15923766&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb