A few notes to snack on if you’re not into the NFL game tonight …
• Jon Miller and Joe Morgan won’t be returning as voices of ESPN Sunday Night Baseball. If the speculation that Dan Shulman will become the new play-by-play guy turns out to be true, I’d be happy – he does a great job.
• The Jim Leyritz DUI trial is taking some interesting turns.
• Jon Heyman did an interesting column on free agents to be wary of and free agents who could be big bargains. I tend to agree with him on Hideki Matsui – in the right situation, he can still be a serious hitter.
• Congratulations to good buddy Bryan Hoch, who does a great job covering the Yankees and ran the New York Marathon over the weekend.
• Honestly, does it get any better in the NFL than when the Cowboys are this bad? I mean, who doesn’t like this (other than close relatives of Wade Phillips)?
Have a great night. Back at it tomorrow.
* That’s an Associated Press shot of, you know, the moon.