Here are a few nuggets for you to snack on if you’re not into “I Love Money” on VH1 …
• Joe Morgan issued a brief statement about being bumped from ESPN’s “Sunday Night Baseball” in which he says the station was moving in a different direction over the past two years and he was “not comfortable” with that direction. Rrrrrrrright.
• George Vecsey from The Times says it’s all happening a little fast with George Steinbrenner and the Hall of Fame.
• The Red Sox are seriously considering a push for free agent catcher John Buck, according to ESPN Boston. Buck had been mentioned as a potential Yankees target but I suspect he’ll end up elsewhere.
• Judging by your emails over the past, say, three years, a legion of Yankees fans is in mourning tonight: After all, David DeJesus was traded … but to the A’s.
• If you haven’t seen this “Wheel of Fortune” insanity yet, do yourself a favor and watch the clip then read the article about how the woman did what she did. It’s pretty amazing.
OK, that’s it for tonight. Thanks for all the comments. Back at it tomorrow.