Here are a few nuggets to snack on if you – like me – don’t have the NFL Network …
• The Yankees have checked in on Carl Crawford but he is definitely a little ways down their list. Most people think the Angels will land Crawford and Torii Hunter believes the Red Sox – as opposed to the Yankees – will be the Angels’ biggest competition.
• A former Yankees draft pick has got Oklahoma State in the college football BCS mix.
• Reggie Jackson apparently knows the right protocol for ordering soup.
• A very nice Veterans Day piece from Bryan Hoch on former Yankee Jerry Coleman and his service.
• The Nationals have new uniforms. My reaction: Meh.
• Nice touch by the guys on the YES “Hot Stove” show to make mention of the passing of longtime Mariners broadcaster Dave Niehaus. He was an icon in the business and a fixture with Seattle and – as Jay Buhner said – “he could call a sunset.” If you have a moment, take a listen to some of his famous calls.
That’s it for tonight. Thanks for all the comments. Back at it tomorrow.