Here are some nuggets for you tonight if you’re not into spending $60 on a boxing fight …
• Looks like Dan Uggla could be on the move from Florida. Look for him to be a popular topic of conversation at the GM meetings next week.
• Kevin Towers is one of the best guys in baseball and I wish him all the luck in the world as he tries to rebuild the Diamondbacks. Don’t be surprised if the Yankees and D-Backs do business down the road, either; Towers and Brian Cashman have been buddies for a long time.
• Interesting two-step going on in Boston: The Red Sox want Victor Martinez and Adrian Beltre back but have already had conversations with Kevin Youkilis about moving over to third base if Beltre isn’t retained.
• I found this funny: Anheuser-Busch is suing MLB because it says the league backed out of a contract agreement and is asking for more money to continue a sponsorship deal. Is it possible that this is why beers at the ballpark cost like $12?
• A signed Babe Ruth home run ball goes for well into six-figures at a memorabilia auction that includes a 2009 Yankees World Series ring. As this blog post speculates, is it possible the ring is one that was allegedly stolen from a Double-A Trenton employee this summer? (UPDATE: I’m told by friend of the blog Josh Norris that the Trenton employee actually got his ring back. Josh knows this because he wrote the story about it, which you can read here. Thanks, Josh!)
• Lastly, a shameless self-promo: In my weekly round-up of “Fair or Foul” for SNY.tv I managed to work in references to Tecmo Bowl, Turkey and everyone in the world hating Joe Morgan. That’s at least worth a click, right?
OK, back at it tomorrow as we get prepped for the GM meetings which begin Monday in Florida.