- The LoHud Yankees Blog - http://yankees.lhblogs.com -
Other teams are actually doing stuff
Posted By Chad Jennings On December 13, 2010 @ 8:56 pm In Misc | 513 Comments
Believe it or not, as we approach the end of Day 4 of the Cliff Lee Watch, other teams are actually making small moves here and there. Don’t they know nothing else is supposed to be happening right now?
• Hideki Matsui is on the verge of a one-year deal with the Athletics.  That lineup needs some sort of pop, and Matsui looks like their everyday designated hitter.
• Dustin Moseley has finalized his $900,000 deal with the Padres.  Great signing for him, and probably a good one for San Diego. Despite what the linked AP story says, Moseley did not spend, “the previous four seasons in the Los Angeles Angels.” That’s wrong on many levels.
• Apparently my friend Marc Carig didn’t get the memo about Yankees reporters asking nothing but Cliff Lee questions until Lee signs. Marc reports that the Yankees have checked on Jerry Hairston Jr. 
• Buried in this story from Ken Rosenthal is a note that the Dodgers might consider Bill Hall for their everyday left field job.  I’ve never really bought Hall as a legitimate option for the Yankees, and an everyday opportunity in Los Angeles would make Hall even less likely for the Yankees.
• Baseball America has updated its minor league transactions,  including a few familiar names: David Winfree signed with the Diamondbacks, Brian Bruney signed with the White Sox, Omir Santos signed with the Tigers, and Wilkin de la Rosa signed with the Dodgers.
• Speaking of the Bruney signing, who was the winner of last winter’s Bruney trade? I’d say the Dodgers, because they lost Jamie Hoffmann a team that was never going to keep him. The Yankees finished somewhere in the middle, if only because they didn’t have to pay Bruney. Washington lost. Definitely.
Article printed from The LoHud Yankees Blog: http://yankees.lhblogs.com
URL to article: http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2010/12/13/other-teams-are-actually-doing-stuff/
URLs in this post:
 Tweet: https://twitter.com/share
 Hideki Matsui is on the verge of a one-year deal with the Athletics.: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/athletics/detail?entry_id=78908
 Dustin Moseley has finalized his $900,000 deal with the Padres.: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101213/ap_on_sp_ba_ne/bbn_padres_moseley
 the Yankees have checked on Jerry Hairston Jr.: http://twitter.com/Ledger_Yankees/status/14469727430639617
 the Dodgers might consider Bill Hall for their everyday left field job.: http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/Matt-Garza-Zack-Grienke-tampa-bay-rays-kansas-city-royals-mlb-trade-options-12122010
 Baseball America has updated its minor league transactions,: http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/prospects/?p=10703