- The LoHud Yankees Blog - http://yankees.lhblogs.com -
Getting ready for baseball again
Posted By Chad Jennings On January 6, 2011 @ 9:08 pm In Misc | 229 Comments
That’s a picture of Yankee Stadium being converted back into a baseball field after spending some time ready for football. Thanks to the Yankee PR staff for the photo.  As usual, here are a few links from the day.
• Scott Boras says Rafael Soriano is willing to pitch the eighth inning for the Yankees.  “I don’t think there is a team in baseball where he could be asked to be a setup guy other than the Yankees,” Boras told ESPNNewYork. Question is, does being willing to setup mean Soriano considers that job equal to a ninth-inning job elsewhere?
• Speaking of the ninth inning, Brian Fuentes is apparently still looking for a team that needs a closer. 
• Not that he was ever a legitimate possibility for the Yankees, but it seems Carl Pavano is off the market. Ken Rosenthal says Pavano is closing in on a two-year deal with the Twins. 
• If Edgar Renteria had experience at third base, I wonder if the Yankees might have become interested. Renteria seems to be on his way to Cincinnati on a one-year deal. 
• The Indians made room on their roster for short-term Yankees outfielder Austin Kearns by designating Jordan Brown for assignment. Brown’s been a pretty good hitter in the minor leagues, but he doesn’t have much pop for a guy whose primary position is first base.
• Interesting story in the Times about publicly funded stadiums (or the lack of publicly funded stadiums).
• Nothing good coming out of this Alfredo Simon shooting case. It seems he might have tried to cover his tracks by changing the barrel of the gun  he turned over to police. Not a good situation.
Article printed from The LoHud Yankees Blog: http://yankees.lhblogs.com
URL to article: http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2011/01/06/getting-ready-for-baseball-again/
URLs in this post:
 Tweet: https://twitter.com/share
 Image: http://yankees.lhblogs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/221016211.jpg
 Thanks to the Yankee PR staff for the photo.: http://twitpic.com/3nl577
 Rafael Soriano is willing to pitch the eighth inning for the Yankees. : http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/news/story?id=5996036&campaign=rss&source=MLBHeadlines
 Brian Fuentes is apparently still looking for a team that needs a closer.: http://twitter.com/jonmorosi/status/23089885829144576
 Pavano is closing in on a two-year deal with the Twins.: http://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/statuses/23192038631538688
 Renteria seems to be on his way to Cincinnati on a one-year deal. : http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5995660
 designating Jordan Brown for assignment. : http://cleveland.indians.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110106&content_id=16402278&vkey=news_cle&c_id=cle
 Interesting story in the Times about publicly funded stadiums : http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/06/sports/06stadium.html?_r=2&ref=sports
 changing the barrel of the gun: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bs-sp-orioles-alfredo-trigger-20110105,0,7667859.story