- The LoHud Yankees Blog - http://yankees.lhblogs.com -
Notes and links on a slow, slow day
Posted By Chad Jennings On January 9, 2011 @ 8:24 pm In Misc | 128 Comments
I think we have an early leader for the slowest baseball news day of 2011. I used the complete inactivity to finalize the schedule for the Pinch Hitter series. I started the process by picking the submitted ideas that I felt positive would be included, but I ultimately had to trim even from that group. There were a lot of overlapping ideas, so I tried to eliminate any sort of repetition. All told, I was surprised at the number of really great suggestions.
I sent out the first wave of confirmation emails tonight, and I’ll be emailing more people in the next couple of days. Thanks again to everyone who submitted an idea. I picked some guest posts that I absolutely disagree with, but that’s kind of the point of this series: A new voice and new perspective never hurts.
As for some notes and links from today…
• Terribly sad story: The little girl killed by that crazed gunman in Arizona was the granddaughter of former Yankees manager Dallas Green. 
• Very briefly a member of the Yankees organization, pitcher Shane Lindsay has signed a minor league deal with the White Sox. Brian Bruney previously signed a minor league deal with the White Sox.
• Interesting take in the Times about the Hall of Fame candidacy of Kevin Brown,  who didn’t even get enough votes to stay on the ballot for a second year. The conclusion from Dan Rosenheck: “Kevin Brown isn’t an easy guy to feel sorry for. But he deserved much better than this.”
• Looking for a big time trade, the place to look might be the NBA where the Nets are apparently on the verge of a three-team trade that will land them Carmello Anthony, Rip Hamilton and Chauncey Billups.
Article printed from The LoHud Yankees Blog: http://yankees.lhblogs.com
URL to article: http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2011/01/09/notes-and-links-on-a-slow-slow-day/
URLs in this post:
 Tweet: https://twitter.com/share
 was the granddaughter of former Yankees manager Dallas Green. : http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2011/01/09/2011-01-09_daughter_of_911_slain.html
 pitcher Shane Lindsay has signed a minor league deal with the White Sox. : http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/news/story?id=6005176&campaign=rss&source=CHICAGOHeadlines
 the Hall of Fame candidacy of Kevin Brown,: http://bats.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/01/06/the-final-word-on-kevin-brown/?ref=baseball
 The Matt Garza Era isn’t off to a great start for the Chicago Sun-Times.: http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/rays/content/chicago-paper-strikes-out-garzabenoit-photo
 the Nets are apparently on the verge of a three-team trade : http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/news/story?id=6005596