No surprise here. The Yankees have announced their 2011 coaching staff, with Mike Harkey, Mick Kelleher, Kevin Long, Tony Pena and Rob Thomson returning to their familiar roles. The only change will be at pitching coach, where Larry Rothschild has replaced Dave Eiland.
• Harkey, 44, will begin his fourth season as Yankees bullpen coach.
• Kelleher, 63, will return for his third year as the Yankees’ first base and sixth year as a coach or instructor in the Yankees organization.
• Long, 44, will return for his fifth season as Yankees hitting coach and eighth year in the Yankees organization.
• Pena, 53, will return for his sixth season on the Yankees Major League coaching staff and third as bench coach.
• Thomson, 47, will enter his 22nd season in the Yankees organization and his third as third base coach.