Is it time for spring training yet? Here are a few notes and links on this Saturday night.
• Jorge Posada spoke a little bit at an event with Bernie Williams tonight, saying he’s accepted the fact he’ll be a designated hitter this year, but he’s still planning to do at least a little bit of catching.
• Kevin Millwood is generating some interest from the Indians, but Jon Heyman reports that Millwood could still be a fallback plan for the Yankees if Andy Pettitte doesn’t change his mind.
• Kevin Towers is out of the Yankees organization, but his short tenure with the team left Towers with new respect for Brian Cashman. “I don’t care how smart and how good you are, if you take somebody from the outside to run the New York Yankees, I think he’ll be in for a big surprise,” Towers said.
• MLB.com has a video of Cashman’s night as a bartender.
• The Royals have decided to move their top catching prospect to the outfield to speed his path to the big leagues. To be fair, this is not a shocking move, there has previously been speculation about Wil Myers ending up in the outfield. The Royals have simply decided to make that move sooner rather than later.