- The LoHud Yankees Blog - http://yankees.lhblogs.com -
Notes and links: Chavez, Vizcaino, K. Long and more
Posted By Chad Jennings On February 9, 2011 @ 9:41 pm In Notes | 280 Comments
In case you missed it, Sam and I held a video chat this afternoon, and you can go back and watch it in the archives. Otherwise, here are a few notes and links from the day.
• Jerry Crasnick reported the contract details of Eric Chavez’s minor league deal with the Yankees: He’ll make $1.5 million if he makes the big league roster, and he has the chance to earn another $4 million or so based on plate appearances and time on the roster. 
• Joel Sherman reports that the Yankees managed to void their minor league contract with reliever Luis Vizcaino  after he was injured this winter. Perhaps most interesting is Sherman reporting that the Yankees’ scouts had Vizcaino steadily hitting the mid-90s and thought he was a legitimate candidate to make the roster.
• Kevin Long expects most of the Yankees lineup to be better in 2011 than in 2010.  “It would be hard for Cano and Swisher to duplicate what they did last year,” Long told ESPNNewYork. “If they stay even close to that, great. But I expect the rest of them to do better.”
• Frankie Piliere is high on the Yankees top prospects,  ranking Jesus Montero (4), Manny Banuelos (13), Gary Sanchez (34), Dellin Betances (44) and Andrew Brackman (60) among the Top 100 prospects in baseball.
• FanGraphs likes the Red Sox signing of Alfredo Aceves  as a low-risk move with some upside.
• It almost goes without saying, but Bryan Hoch took a look at Michael Young  as a potential trade target for the Yankees and found that it’s not a good fit.
• Good news for former Yankees pitcher Ross Ohlendorf: He won his arbitration hearing. 
• Bad news for Ohlendorf: He’s still with the Pirates.
Article printed from The LoHud Yankees Blog: http://yankees.lhblogs.com
URL to article: http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2011/02/09/notes-and-links-2/
URLs in this post:
 Tweet: https://twitter.com/share
 video chat this afternoon, : http://www.livestream.com/protalklive/video?clipId=pla_cf83ff4f-e87a-4e67-a3be-c219a3349c0c&utm_source=lslibrary&utm_medium=ui-thumb
 Image: http://yankees.lhblogs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/ph_1367672.jpg
 He’ll make $1.5 million if he makes the big league roster, : http://twitter.com/#!/jcrasnick/status/35409929863045120
 based on plate appearances and time on the roster.: http://twitter.com/#!/jcrasnick/status/35410027921539072
 Yankees managed to void their minor league contract with reliever Luis Vizcaino: http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/hardball/up_young_joba_vizcaino_ipq427WmvMGL69OY8dK3kK
 Kevin Long expects most of the Yankees lineup to be better in 2011 than in 2010.: http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/yankees/post/_/id/12784/kevin-long-we-have-seven-guys-who-can-do-better-in-2011
 Frankie Piliere is high on the Yankees top prospects,: http://mlb.fanhouse.com/2011/02/09/baseballs-top-100-prospects-of-2011/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
 FanGraphs likes the Red Sox signing of Alfredo Aceves: http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/aceves-presents-low-risk-sp-option-for-boston/
 Bryan Hoch took a look at Michael Young: http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110209&content_id=16601900&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb
 He won his arbitration hearing. : http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11040/1124149-100.stm