I don’t really have much to add tonight. I was just reading through some stories online and decided to post some links.
• PECOTA predicts A.J. Burnett’s ERA will drop seven-tenths of a run. It naturally predicts another potential Cy Young season for CC Sabathia.
• Of course, there are other Sabathia predictions out there. A source told The Daily News that Sabathia is likely to opt out after this season. We’ll see. My guess is that story will go away pretty quickly, only to resurface in September.
• Astros camp opened today, and general manager Ed Wade said Rule 5 pick Lance Pendleton — taken from the Yankees — is primarily auditioning for a spot in the rotation. The other Yankee lost in the Rule 5, George Kontos, is trying to win a relief job with the Padres. He could be in there with Dustin Moseley.
• Maybe there’s a glimmer of hope for my friends back in St. Louis. Seriously, every single day I get a text message from someone asking if I know what’s going on with Albert Pujols. For the record, I have no clue. I’ll find out when everyone else finds out.
• Yankees camp is about to get interesting. Curtis Granderson just tweeted, looking for suggestions of which teammate he should prank this spring. There are infinite ways for this to be hilarious. It’s hard to come up with a wrong suggestion.
• Speaking of things getting interesting… Remember when Arcade Fire won Album of the Year despite the fact a lot of the general public had (unfortunately) never heard the album? Now Arcade Fire is selling The Suburbs for less than four bucks. That’s how you celebrate a Grammy!
Associated Press photo