- The LoHud Yankees Blog - http://yankees.lhblogs.com -
A few short minor league notes
Posted By Chad Jennings On May 4, 2011 @ 11:39 am In Misc | 71 Comments
A few quick minor league notes this late morning. Don’t forget, we’re doing a chat at 2:30 this afternoon.
 • Two injuries to players on the 40-man roster: Greg Golson is on the Triple-A disabled list with a hamstring injury,  and Steve Garrison could be headed for the Double-A disabled list after groin pull. 
• Two other Triple-A injuries that seem fairly minor:  Chris Dickerson has missed three straight games with a neck injury. He would have missed a fourth if not for a rain out last night. Ramiro Pena was out of last night’s lineup with a sore foot.
• Three non-40-man pitchers to keep an eye on: George Kontos (two runs in his past 15.1 innings as Scranton’s long man), Kevin Whelan (much improved control to go with only two hits allowed in past 10.2 innings as Scranton’s closer) and Andy Sisco (still no earned runs with four hits allowed through 10.1 innings as Scranton’s bullpen lefty).
• The Associated Press reports that the Yankees have signed Brad Halsey to a minor league deal and sent him to extended spring.
• He’s still a long, long way from the big leagues, but Slade Heathcott is hitting .351/.436/.574 through 94 at-bats in Charleston. Have to think he’ll be in Tampa around mid-season or so, maybe sooner if he keeps this up. JR Murphy is also really hitting in Charleston (.316/.340/.490) but Gary Sanchez is not (.200/.238/.293).
Article printed from The LoHud Yankees Blog: http://yankees.lhblogs.com
URL to article: http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2011/05/04/a-few-short-minor-league-notes/
URLs in this post:
 Tweet: https://twitter.com/share
 Image: http://yankees.lhblogs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/ph_449172.jpg
 Image: http://yankees.lhblogs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/ph_477237.jpg
 Greg Golson is on the Triple-A disabled list with a hamstring injury,: http://blogs.thetimes-tribune.com/yankees/?p=8939
 Steve Garrison could be headed for the Double-A disabled list after groin pull. : http://twitter.com/#!/jnorris427/statuses/65474242258542592
 Two other Triple-A injuries that seem fairly minor:: http://blogs.thetimes-tribune.com/yankees/?p=8940