- The LoHud Yankees Blog - http://yankees.lhblogs.com -
Quick pregame notes
Posted By Chad Jennings On August 30, 2011 @ 6:37 pm In Notes,Podcast | 33 Comments
Alex Rodriguez went through full conditioning drills and a few light defensive drills before speaking to the media just a few minutes ago as the Yankees were wrapping up batting practice.
It’s looking more and more likely that he won’t play in Boston.
“I don’t want to rule out this series,” he said. “But probably being a little more realistic, probably Friday.”
Rodriguez got a cortisone shot yesterday. He said he couldn’t remember ever having a cortisone shot in the past, his thumb was sore today (which is normal after one of those). Doctors have told him to take at least two days off of swinging a bat, meaning he won’t swing until Friday at the earliest.
Everything is a little late today, so here’s Rodriguez’s audio.
• Joe Girardi told Derek Jeter to let him know if he couldn’t play today. Jeter didn’t say anything, so he’s in the lineup. Jeter said yesterday that he fully expected to play tonight.
• Girardi said he could, in theory, use Rodriguez for defense or to pinch run, but he won’t use him as a pinch hitter.
• Doctors have told Rodriguez that there’s no reason to worry about surgery. The thumb injury should heal on its own eventually.
• Ivan Nova will start for the Yankees on Friday, Bartolo Colon on Saturday. Sunday is still undecided, but that lines up to be Freddy Garcia’s day.
Article printed from The LoHud Yankees Blog: http://yankees.lhblogs.com
URL to article: http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2011/08/30/quick-pregame-notes/
URLs in this post:
 Tweet: https://twitter.com/share
 here: http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash&promoid=BIOW