Still no word on CC Sabathia and nothing official on Brian Cashman — word is the Cashman announcement won’t come today — but some other teams are making news with names you’ll recognize.
• The Braves actually found a trade market for Derek Lowe. Details are unknown, but Atlanta has reportedly moved Lowe and his ugly contract — have to assume the Braves are paying most of that — to the Indians. It’s worth noting that this is the last year of Lowe’s contract. There are two more years on A.J. Burnett’s deal.
• Aramis Ramirez has voided his contract in order to become a free agent. As much as the Yankees could certainly use a productive corner infielder to spell Alex Rodriguez, a massive contract to Ramirez would probably be overkill.
• Grady Sizemore hasn’t been able to stay healthy, and now the Indians have declined his option.  Not sure I’d put him in the same boat as Eric Chavez as a player who’s going to have to settle for a minor league deal because of his injury history. Someone will take a chance on his talent.
• Speaking of Chavez, one alternative for his spot is off the market as Eric Hinske’s option was picked up by the Braves. But Nate McClouth is available. That’s a guy who’s definitely trending the wrong way.
• All the best to Tony LaRussa, who’s going out on top, announcing his retirement just days after winning the World Series. Does that affect Albert Pujols’ free agency? Those two were apparently very close.