Just a few things to be aware of…
• Down in Baltimore, MASN wonders if Jorge Posada might be a good fit as a backup to Matt Wieters. Jon Heyman also mentions the Orioles as a possible Posada destination. Tough for him to adjust to that sort of team, though.
• Baseball America reports that the Yankees have re-signed minor league free agents Reegie Corona and Ronny Marte. They’ve released Gabriel Tatis. You might be familiar with Corona, who had a 40-man spot the past two years.
• The Pirates have signed catcher Rod Barajas. That’s relevant only because of some early speculation that the Pirates might be in the market for a catcher and fit as a trade partner for the Yankees.
• The Phillies have signed lefty Raul Valdes to a minor league deal. He spent a little bit of time with the Yankees last year.
• The Marlins are still looking heavily at Yoenis Cespedes, and apparently they have money to spend.
• Of course there’s the bizarre story out of Venezuela where Nationals catcher Wilson Ramos has been kidnapped. Word is that he’s alive, but it’s unclear what his kidnappers are hoping to accomplish.