The Yankees ace was watching his favorite football team this weekend, and outfield bench candidate Chris Dickerson was there with him. A picture of the Big Man seems as good a way as any to lead into a few notes and links from today.
• Andrew Marchand hears that the Yankees bid less than $20 million on Yu Darvish. Obviously that’s not even in the ballpark. The Blue Jays were seen a favorite in the bidding, and missing out on Darvish has fueled plenty of speculation that Toronto might still look to spend big one someone this winter.
• Jon Heyman hears that executives expect Gio Gonzalez to be moved now that Yu Darvish is off the board, and the free agent market is without a truly elite starting pitcher.
• Casey Blake has signed a one-year, $2 million deal with the Rockies. Does that set the market for the Yankees to sign a backup corner infielder?
• Former Yankees minor leaguer Eric Hacker has signed with the Giants.
• Good friend Bryan Hoch answered some questions in a mailbag over at Yankees.com this afternoon. Go check that out.
• Speaking of answering questions, I’m going to host a chat here on the blog at noon on Thursday. I’ll post another reminder at some point tomorrow. Stop by if you can.
Associated Press photo