Still no announcement on the Hiroki Kuroda or Michael Pineda moves, and the delay seems to be geographical as much as anything. Kuroda is still in Japan, new Yankees prospect Jose Campos is still in Venezuela and Jesus Montero’s physical is being delayed because of visa issues.
Some other notes and links…
• The New York Post has Dan Martin down in Tampa, and he caught up with Larry Rothschild to ask about the pitching additions. Safe to say Rothschild seems happy about each addition.
• Yesterday, Derek Jeter opened his charity golf tournament and received the Lou Gehrig Memorial Award. “Any award named after Lou Gehrig, it probably means a lot more to me than some other players,” Jeter said.
• Baseball America has video of Yoenis Cespedes hitting his first winter league home run. I still can’t see the Yankees spending big to sign him, but there’s still plenty of interest in him.
• Remember Romulo Sanchez? He signed a minor league deal with the Rays after spending a season in Japan.
• Roger Waters has announced that he’ll be performing at Yankee Stadium on July 6. Anyone want to cover a game in Boston for me that night?
• Finally, the Fausto Carmona story… Police in the Dominican Republic say he’s been using a fake name is actually 31 years old, not 28. So, there’s that.
Associated Press photo