Let’s do a chat tomorrow, shall we? The Yankees are playing the Braves, and I should be in Orlando in time to start the chat at noon. We’ll try to go for an hour or so leading up to first pitch. I’m sure we’ll hit on just about everything going on down here…
• What’s the status of the rotation competition? Has Phil Hughes locked up a spot at this point? Is Freddy Garcia pitching well enough to stay out of the bullpen?
• How much do spring training numbers matter for a guy like Raul Ibanez? Do they matter any more or less for Justin Maxwell?
• Is Andy Pettitte going to help this team? Is he really going to regain his 2010 first-half form?
• If Joba Chamberlain is out for the season, does that open an opportunity for someone else? What if he’s not out for the year? Should the Yankees have any expectations one way or the other?
• Adam Warren is still in big league camp, and his Triple-A rotation-mates have pitched well this spring? What’s it going to take for one of them to get a shot in the big leagues this season?
• Clay Rapada and Cesar Cabral are pitching well. Which one has the advantage in the race for the last bullpen spot?