- The LoHud Yankees Blog - http://yankees.lhblogs.com -
Off day notes: Rodriguez, Swisher, Chamberlain and Wise
Posted By Chad Jennings On July 26, 2012 @ 8:11 pm In Misc | 173 Comments
Had a brief conversation with Brian Cashman from my friend’s backyard today. It was an interesting moment in journalism history during which I tried to keep a few notes, then had to text him immediately afterward to make sure I actually had the details right. Not exactly my finest hour, but it was effective in getting a few quick notes on the fly.
• Alex Rodriguez saw Dr. Christopher Ahmad today and had a cast put on his broken left hand. The Yankees believe he’ll be out eight weeks at the most. Cashman wouldn’t give a best-case scenario, but eight weeks sounds like the far end of the spectrum.
• Nick Swisher ran and took batting practice today, but Cashman said he won’t play tomorrow night’s series opener against the Red Sox. Sounds like he came through everything just fine, the Yankees are just being cautious (given their injury luck this season, it’s hard to blame them).
• Joba Chamberlain will throw a bullpen for the big league staff tomorrow, but he will not be activated. He will instead make another rehab appearance on Sunday.
• My friend Mark Feinsand tweeted today that Dewayne Wise has cleared waivers but has yet to accept an outright assignment to Triple-A. I’m sure the Yankees would like to keep Wise — he played his part pretty well this season — but honestly, they have left-handed outfield options already in Triple-A with Chris Dickerson and Kosuke Fukudome. By the way, that’s just me talking, not Cashman.
Article printed from The LoHud Yankees Blog: http://yankees.lhblogs.com
URL to article: http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2012/07/26/off-day-notes-rodriguez-swisher-chamberlain-and-wise/
URLs in this post:
 Tweet: https://twitter.com/share