As mentioned yesterday, the Yankees 2013 schedule was released yesterday afternoon. Here’s the full thing, along with some notes on the schedule.
• The Yankees will open the season with a home game against Boston for the first time since 2005 (the Yankees are 18-11-1 in 30 previous all-time Opening Day games vs. Boston, including a 4-4 tie due to darkness in 1910).
• Nineteen of their first 32 games at home.
• The schedule includes interleague games in every month of the season, with the Yankees facing the N.L. West in home games vs. Arizona (4/16-18), Los Angeles (6/18-19) and San Francisco (9/20-22), and road games at Colorado (5/7-9), Los Angeles (7/30-31) and San Diego (8/2-4). The Dodgers’ visit to Yankee Stadium will mark their first-ever regular season games in the Bronx.
• The Yankees will play four games against the Mets (5/27-28 at Citi Field and 5/29-30 at Yankee Stadium), after playing six Subway Series games per season for 14 consecutive years (1999-2012). The Yankees and Mets played just three Subway Series games in each of the first two years of interleague play (1997-98).
• The newest A.L. team, Houston, comes to town for the first time from 4/29-5/1. The Yankees will finish the season with a three-game series at Minute Maid Park from 9/27-29.