Just a few things floating out there and worth knowing…
• Randy Levine has said Yankee Stadium survived yesterday’s storm with minimal damage. There are some broken windows, no flooding, and the electricity is working.
• Joel Sherman offers five players the Yankees should look into this offseason: Carlos Beltran, Torii Hunter, Jeff Keppinger, A.J. Pierzynski and Scott Hairston. All five make some sense, but I tend to think Hunter is the best fit if only because he wouldn’t cost anything in terms of young players and would probably be open to a fairly short-term deal. Beltran is the best of the bunch, but if the Yankees are trying to get younger and cheaper going forward, dealing for one year of a 36-year-old with bad knees seems risky. The short-term upside is big, but such a deal would obviously depend on the cost.
• The Dodgers are reportedly willing to discuss trades for Andre Ethier. With the Yankees in obvious need of a right fielder — and with a left-handed bat fitting so well at Yankee Stadium — it’s easy to make the connection between the Dodgers and Yankees as possible trade partners. Of course, Ethier is also signed through 2017 (with a vesting option for 2018) so that’s a big-time commitment if the Yankees were to get involved. Hard to ignore the fact his splits vs. lefties are horrible.
• The Pirates outrighted three players off their roster,  including former Yankees minor leaguers Dan McCutchen (part of the Xavier Nady/Damaso Marte trade) and Eric Fryer (part of the Eric Hinske trade).
• Jim Leyland is coming back to Detroit to manage one more year.