- The LoHud Yankees Blog - http://yankees.lhblogs.com -
Quick notes: Rodriguez, Napoli and Ruppert
Posted By Chad Jennings On December 3, 2012 @ 11:38 am In Misc | 426 Comments
A few quick notes and updates on what is already a busy day here in Nashville.
• Alex Rodriguez’s surgery will be on his left hip, not his previously repaired right hip. The expectaction is a three to six month recovery, which means an early-season return is pretty close to a best-case scenario. Mid-season seems more likely. 
• Ken Rosenthal reports that Rodriguez’s pain was so severe in the postseason that he spent a night in the hospital. It’s worth noting that Rodriguez and Joe Girardi were asked many, many times about Rodriguez’s health in the postseason and they always said he was fine.
• Forget about adding offense by signing Mike Napoli. The Red Sox have signed Napoli to a three-year deal . Seems like he best fits as a first baseman in Boston.
• Former Yankees Jacob Ruppert has been elected to the Hall of Fame. He received all but one vote from the 16-member Pre-Integration Era Committee. Umpire Hank O’Day and catcher/third baseman Deacon White were also elected.
Article printed from The LoHud Yankees Blog: http://yankees.lhblogs.com
URL to article: http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2012/12/03/quick-notes-rodriguez-napoli-and-ruppert/
URLs in this post:
 Tweet: https://twitter.com/share
 Alex Rodriguez’s surgery will be on his left hip, : https://twitter.com/Joelsherman1/status/275625566609240065
 Mid-season seems more likely. : https://twitter.com/Joelsherman1/status/275625681428303872
 he spent a night in the hospital. : https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/275620338166013953
 The Red Sox have signed Napoli to a three-year deal: https://twitter.com/nickcafardo/status/275632503782518785