- The LoHud Yankees Blog - http://yankees.lhblogs.com -
Late night notes and links: Chavez, Youkilis, Keppinger, Swisher
Posted By Chad Jennings On December 4, 2012 @ 10:07 pm In Misc | 251 Comments
A few late-night notes and links from here in Nashville.
• My good friend Dan Barbarisi — worth noting he’s a former Red Sox beat writer — reports that the Yankees interest in Kevin Youkilis is serious enough  that they’ve requested his medicals. And with Youkilis, the medicals are a significant part of the process.
• Speaking of the Red Sox, Boston is reportedly interested in adding Eric Chavez  to bring some left-handed balance to its infield. That said, Alex Speier notes that the Yankees can probably offer Chavez more playing time. I would add that they can also offer him more familiarity, which might matter for a guy who’s played for only two franchises in his career.
• Two reports about the potential price of Jeff Keppinger. Ken Rosenthal reports that the price is at two years, $8 million.  Jon Heyman says he’s looking for closer to three years, $12 million.  Hard to think the Yankees would go three years at this point, but I wonder if they would go two years for a guy with defensive versatility.
• Hard to tell whether this is news or speculation, but Heyman lists the Yankees as being in the market for Mark Reynolds.  Heyman could be simply listing the market for any third base candidate.
• Rosenthal says the Yankees are still in the mix for Scott Hairston. 
• Former Yankees right fielder Nick Swisher reportedly spoke personally with two teams today, while his agent spoke to four teams. The free agent market has really picked up steam this week, so Swisher could be on the verge of finding a team.
Article printed from The LoHud Yankees Blog: http://yankees.lhblogs.com
URL to article: http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2012/12/04/late-night-notes-and-links-chavez-youkilis-keppinger-swisher/
URLs in this post:
 Tweet: https://twitter.com/share
 Image: http://yankees.lhblogs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Chavez.jpg
 the Yankees interest in Kevin Youkilis is serious enough: https://twitter.com/DanBarbarisi/status/276142260033310721
 Boston is reportedly interested in adding Eric Chavez: http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/2012/12/04/hot-stove-red-sox-and-yankees-could-compete-for-eric-chavez/
 two years, $8 million.: https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/276060229941211136
 three years, $12 million.: https://twitter.com/JonHeymanCBS/status/276110182734524416
 in the market for Mark Reynolds.: https://twitter.com/JonHeymanCBS/statuses/276110501392568320
 still in the mix for Scott Hairston. : https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/276133083185565696
 Nick Swisher reportedly spoke personally with two teams today, : https://twitter.com/TBrownYahoo/statuses/276131514239045632