- The LoHud Yankees Blog - http://yankees.lhblogs.com -
Mid-day notes and links: All about third base
Posted By Chad Jennings On December 4, 2012 @ 3:18 pm In Misc | 252 Comments
Just ran into Casey McGehee here at the Opryland. He lives close to Nashville and decided to stop by the meetings. He’s a free agent looking for a job. Speaking of third basemen…
• Back in New York, Wally Matthews writes that the Yankees have insurance coverage on a large portion of Alex Rodriguez’s contract. However, it cash in on the policy, the Yankees would have to lose Rodriguez for an entire season. That doesn’t seem likely with his upcoming hip surgery.
• Speaking of the third base situation, Jack Curry says the Yankees have talked to the agent for Kevin Youkilis,  who’s willing to consider a one-year deal at the right price. As I write all the time in the winter, the Yankees talk to just about everyone.
• Buster Olney hears that Stephen Drew isn’t likely to accept a third base or utility job with the Yankees. He apparently has his heart set on finding an everyday job at shortstop.
• Here’s Jeff Keppinger’s name popping up again. He does seem to make a lot of sense given the Yankees need for infield depth. Not sure he’s much of a shortstop at this point, but he’s coming off a nice enough year to suggest he could fill in at third while Rodriguez is on the DL.
• According to Olney, the bidding for Marco Scutaro is pretty high. Olney hears it’s as high as three years, $24 million. Surely that’s too rich for the Yankees desires. If he’s really going for that much, it’s hard to see him landing with the Yankees.
Article printed from The LoHud Yankees Blog: http://yankees.lhblogs.com
URL to article: http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2012/12/04/mid-day-notes-and-links-all-about-third-base/
URLs in this post:
 Tweet: https://twitter.com/share
 Image: http://yankees.lhblogs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Rodriguez.jpg
 the Yankees have insurance coverage : http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/8708864/alex-rodriguez-contract-new-york-yankees-insured-most-114m-source-says
 have talked to the agent for Kevin Youkilis,: https://twitter.com/JackCurryYES/status/276026709655040000
 Stephen Drew isn’t likely to accept : https://twitter.com/Buster_ESPN/status/276006149193605120
 Jeff Keppinger’s name popping up again. : https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/276035587436339201
 the bidding for Marco Scutaro is pretty high. : https://twitter.com/Buster_ESPN/status/276054769880145920