- The LoHud Yankees Blog - http://yankees.lhblogs.com -
Friday night notes and links
Posted By Chad Jennings On December 21, 2012 @ 9:10 pm In Misc | Comments Disabled
Just a few notes and links as we head into the weekend before Christmas. At this point, things seem pretty quiet with the Yankees and might stay that way until after the holiday.
• Earlier this week, a group of fans gathered at City Hall to protest the Yankees upcoming ticket resale agreement with Ticketmaster. There’s another protest planned for tomorrow. The events have been organized by a group called the Fan Freedom Project,  but the Daily News reports that some funding for the protests has come from StubHub,  the online ticket seller that’s losing business because of the Yankees deal with Ticketmaster.
• Add another team in the mix for right-handed outfielder Scott Hairston. The Braves are now reportedly in pursuit. It’s looking less and less likely that Hairston will be forced to settle for a one-year deal.
• Former Yankees corner man Brandon Laird — who got a little bit of big league time in 2011 — was claimed off waivers by the Astros late last season and has now cleared waivers and been outrighted to Houston’s Triple-A roster. 
• A man who tried to sell a fake Babe Ruth glove was given two years probation and a $25,000 fine. 
• Down in D.C., Adam Kilgore reports that the Nationals want to settle on a decision — one way or the other — with free agent first baseman Adam LaRoche.  If LaRoche won’t re-sign, the Nationals seem likely to move Michael Morse to first base. If LaRoche does re-sign, the Nationals will almost certainly look to trade Morse. That right-handed power bat, and ability to play the corners, could certainly appeal to the Yankees. Of course, getting Morse would cost something significant, and might require someone already on the big league roster considering the Nationals are clearly ready to contend.
Associated Press photo
Article printed from The LoHud Yankees Blog: http://yankees.lhblogs.com
URL to article: http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2012/12/21/friday-night-notes-and-links-2/
URLs in this post:
 Tweet: https://twitter.com/share
 Image: http://yankees.lhblogs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Yankees-5.jpg
 Fan Freedom Project,: http://www.fanfreedom.org/2012/12/yankee-fans-beware-new-deal-with-ticketmaster-to-set-price-floors-potentially-eliminate-cheap-tickets/
 some funding for the protests has come from StubHub,: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/proposed-yankees-ticketmaster-deal-draws-protest-article-1.1223767
 The Braves are now reportedly in pursuit. : https://twitter.com/ajcbraves/status/282137403286761475
 cleared waivers and been outrighted to Houston’s Triple-A roster. : https://twitter.com/brianmctaggart/status/282238871561969664
 was given two years probation and a $25,000 fine. : http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/memorabilia-imposter-busted-selling-fake-babe-ruth-glove-article-1.1224841
 with free agent first baseman Adam LaRoche.: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/nationals-journal/wp/2012/12/21/nationals-want-an-answer-soon-from-adam-laroche/