Major League Baseball today announced the game times for the upcoming season. As of right now, the Yankees official site isn’t fully updated, but here are a few game times that jump out. All of these times are according to the master schedule released by the league.
• The Yankees first road trip is heavy on day games. On Friday, April 5, the Yankees open a three-game series in Detroit. The game times are 1:05 p.m., 4:05 p.m., and 1:05 p.m. (the Yankees site says 1:50 for the Saturday game, but the MLB release says 4:05). From there, the Yankees travel to Cleveland where the series opener is another 4:05 first pitch, followed by three standard 7:05 games.
• The online schedule doesn’t list game times for the May 10-12 home series against the Royals. According to the MLB release, those games are at 7:10 p.m., 6:10 p.m. and 1:10 p.m.
• Originally listed as TBA, the May 25 game starts at 4:10 and the August 24 game starts at 7:10. Both are at Tampa Bay.
• The August 2-4 series in San Diego, listed as TBD for all three games, will have start times of 7:10 p.m., 5:40 p.m. and 1:10 p.m. (all Pacific Coast time). Sorry, originally wrote Eastern time out of habit. Obviously this times are local for San Diego.
• Even the MLB master schedule has June 2 against the Red Sox, June 23 against the Rays, August 11 against the Tigers, August 18 against the Red Sox, September 8 against the Red Sox, September 15 against the Red Sox and September 21 against the Giants as TBD. Oddly, the master schedule also lists June 16 at the Angels as TBD (the Yankees site lists 3:35 p.m.).
• The final series of the year, in Houston, will have start times of 7:10 p.m., 6:10 p.m. and 1:10 p.m.