- The LoHud Yankees Blog - http://yankees.lhblogs.com -
More A-Rod: Notes and reaction from the Miami report
Posted By Chad Jennings On January 29, 2013 @ 4:18 pm In Misc | 111 Comments
In the coming days, there’s going to be a lot written and said about Alex Rodriguez and the Miami New Times report. Here are a few things worth your attention while we’re still sorting through the rubble.
• I initially missed the link at the top of the New Times story, but if you click it you’ll find the newspaper has posted pictures of the handwritten Alex Rodriguez references  that were found in the Biogenesis files.
• Several people have wondered whether the Yankees — if the Miami story is proven true — might be able to void Rodriguez’s contract. An online contributor to Forbes magazine suggests it might be possible.  I can’t pretend to know enough about contracts to say whether the Yankees could get out of Rodriguez’s deal. I know the past suggests they won’t be able to do it, but I’m reminded of the old West Wing episode when President Bartlet threatens to nationalize the trucking industry only to be told that a similar attempt by a previous president had been ruled unconstitutional. Bartlet responds: “It’s been 50 years, there’s a new bench, and I’ll take my chances.” Past attempts to void contracts because of stuff like this might not have worked, but it’s been a decade, opinion of PEDs has changed, and I’m sure the Yankees would like to take their chances.
• David Schoenfield writes that he’s beginning to believe Rodriguez will never play again. 
• Gio Gonzalez, who was also named in the New Times report, has denied any involvement:  “I’ve never used performance enhancing drugs of any kind and I never will ,I’ve never met or spoken with tony Bosch or used any substance provided by him. Anything said to the contrary is a lie.”
Associated Press photo
Article printed from The LoHud Yankees Blog: http://yankees.lhblogs.com
URL to article: http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2013/01/29/more-a-rod-notes-and-reaction-from-the-miami-report/
URLs in this post:
 Tweet: https://twitter.com/share
 Image: http://yankees.lhblogs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Rodriguez11.jpg
 handwritten Alex Rodriguez references: http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/2013/01/the_a-rod_files_every_mention.php
 Rodriguez has hired a lawyer,: http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/8893139/report-alex-rodriguez-others-miami-clinic-ped-lists
 several other celebrities. : http://www.royblack.com/attorneys/Roy/Black/
 Forbes magazine suggests it might be possible.: http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonbelzer/2013/01/29/alex-rodriguezs-days-with-the-yankees-may-be-numbered/
 beginning to believe Rodriguez will never play again.: http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/32414/prediction-a-rods-career-is-over
 has denied any involvement:: https://twitter.com/GioGonzalez47